Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Directors: Michael Bay

Stars: Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Release Date: 29 June 2011

Genre: Action, adventure and Science fiction

Memorable quote:

Optimus Prime: Everything humans know of our planet we were told had been shared. You lied to us. You have made a grave mistake!!







What?

The Movie starts in the sixties, when a major event occurs. A Spacecraft from Cybertron that escaped the Great War crash-lands on the moon. This is the beginning of the so known space race between the Soviet Union and the United States who will first get to the crash site. After that the Autobots learn of the existence of the spacecraft on the Moon, another race begins against the Decepticons to reach it and learn its secrets, which will alter the way of mankind!

Yes?

It is important to explain something. You have those who will love this movie, and those who will want to spill the guts of Michael Bay. I’ll explain, this movie is called transformers based on a former TV series called transformers, in which the story is well known, a lot of characters exist and well everything is standardized, and the fact that the movie didn’t follow the way of the nerd- Geeks and Comic book lovers this is an abomination and a crime against humanity. I on the other hand stand with the side that states that the movies took some ideas from the show, made a story around it, and what do you want I love it.

The biggest yes without a doubt comes for the special effects, they were just amazing, and seriously there was some crazy awesome stuff here. The slow motion transformations in the middle of battles are just delightful to watch. What can I say else about all this is that I watched the movie in 3D. I know I said I won’t do it anymore of the pirates movie, but this was the only option of watching it, and yes amazing, best 3D I have ever seen. But you don’t have all this stupid 3D shit flying to you to show you it’s there, it’s just there, and it made everything just beautiful. Special effects and Action scenes you had definitely enough.

Loved the fact that people died, I mean humans, and no I’m not a fascist I just loved the fact that not everything is pink and nobody gets hurt. There was some serious damage to human life’s here, which made the whole thing a bit more serious.

The story was good, the invasion and all made this a real war movie, which I am a big fan of. And the last thing, this whole rewriting of History just works for me, like in X men this here was just awesome.

No?

I believe we had a couple cast members that just didn’t have anything to do in this movie. But again I love the guy from Sector 7 and his coworker; they always make me laugh. We had an appearance from John Malkovich, I think he didn’t need to be in this one.

The first part of the movie was a bit lame with all the job hunting and girlfriend/parents issues, just wasn’t necessary.

I wasn’t sure where to put this but leboeuf and his girlfriend where ok, nothing more or less. He stayed the same and she was there for the eye candy like Megan fox in 1 and 2, maybe they were average plus.

Well…

I really liked this movie, sorry for all the nerds that didn’t. The amusement level was high in this one, and of course it beats the awful second movie of the franchise. Is it better than the first one, this is one to argue about. Watch it at the movies for the effects; it’s even worth only for that. Because of all the above I grade this one…

Grade: 7.5 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment