Monday, July 18, 2011

Review: Hangover, part 2

Director: Todd Phillips

Release Date: 26 May 2011

Stars: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms

Genres: Comedy

Memorable quote: (disgusting I know but hilarious!)


Stu Price: Woah! Here's the deal man, I got a dark side. There's a demon in me.
Alan: It's true, he has semen in him.
Stu Price: I said demon.
Alan: But you also have semen in you remember, from the...
Stu Price: It's not relevant, but thank you Alan.




What?

The wolf pack is back! But this time it isn't Doug that gets married but Stu and the wedding is in Thailand! Of course Alan is back on board and also Laurens little brother Teddy, Stu’s future brother in law. Considering what happened last time when they had a bachelor party, Stu demands to keep things calm this time and they have a small get together on the beach. This small get together and only after one beer things kind of get outta hand and we start all over again but this time they need to find Teddy, before Bangkok takes him for herself!


Yes?
I felt here a huge sense of deja vu, but I don't see this as a bad thing since we kind of liked the first one, so the basic structure needs to stay the same. We had only a handful of LOL scenes ( I hate this word but it delivers the message) but when there was a scene I actually had tears in my eyes. The original wolf pack is just irreplaceable, the characters really fit in here, and they delivered a good job.

No?
The bad, well here we can find more than we did above. It didn't work for me, maybe because I wasn't high or drunk like they were in the movie. Everything that you expect to happen happens. The story isn't new nor fresh and honestly not so funny. The weird Chinese guy got too much screen time; he almost became a lead figure, which isn't good. The fact that the jokes were so predictable took a lot out of the movie.

Well…
I don't write a lot since it’s not worth it; the movie was predictable, if this one would be the only one maybe it would be a bit better. So, just for your information the wolf pack is coming back in a third sequel, this film has still something (not a lot but still) something, I hope that the fact that they squeeze all the juice out of it won't ruin the whole thing. Watch it if you really loved the first one than the second one will just satisfy you. But if the first one wasn't that big a deal for you don't watch it. Because of all the above I grade this one...

Grade 6 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment