Wednesday, November 23, 2011

the ultimate show: The Wire




Creator: David Simon

Stars: Dominic West, John Doman and Deirdre Lovejoy

Release Date: 2 June 2002 and going on for 5 seasons!

Normally this isn’t the place to give some feedback on something I’ve seen on TV, but since this thing is so amazing I have decided that this is the best forum possible.





What?
The show brings us the city of Baltimore in her glory days, on one side we have the drug world and on the other side we have the law enforcements. And in the middle we have all the other characters that make this series so special. School children, Dock workers or simply a newspaper staff, all those are forming the basic to this spectacle. It gives us different angles on the drug world and through the eyes of different spectators and influencers.

Yes?
At the beginning I didn’t believe in this show, I wasn’t hooked I could say, but all this changed once I started watching it. You just can’t stop till the episode ends and the next till you get to the end of the season, and in my case till the end of the series. I must say I’m jealous of all those people who have still everything to watch since it’s that good and probably I will watch it again.

The beauty is in the characters each one of them is perfectly written and executed. The actors chosen for the job were casted as if they were born for those parts.

The story is so different every time and still the same, drugs, money and power from again different angles. Everyone wants the same; the question is just how you get there. You steal it, you kill someone or you bribe someone, all these are just a small step till you get to the cause.

If we compare this to another cop show the big difference would be that instead that we have every episode a different case, felony or story, here everything is one huge story and one huge puzzle wherein everything has his place and time.

The last thing I will say here even though I could continue her is that the writers of the show were not afraid of just killing a huge character in the middle of an episode or season, which I believe makes a show to something more serious, if you have the balls to just do something drastic, you are good enough for this business.

No?
The only thing I got to say here is that unfortunately there are only 5 seasons, that’s it.

Well…
Watch it, I don’t care if you like cops or if you are afraid of some blood, if you like TV this is a must for you to watch.

I just want to thank here my good old “hammer friend” for opening my eyes and convincing me to do the right thing and watch this amazing show!

Grade: 9.5 out of 10

Mammoth

2 comments:

  1. I Hope it's good.. Will watch it...
    Reviews on series are welcome!
    O.K.

    ReplyDelete