Thursday, June 9, 2011

review: Just Go with It


director: Dennis Dugan

release date: 10 February 2011

genre: romantic comedy

casting: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston and Brooklyn Decker

memorable quote: My wife beats me in front of my kids!







What?

Sometimes People need to lie to pick up girls. In our case Danny’s strategy is to tell girls he is married, and that his marriage sucks, he gets beaten up, or whatever. This lie backfires upon meeting this gorgeous girl which he actually likes. Now he has to get out of this lie by using Katherine his assistant as his soon to be divorced wife. The problem is that the lies are just piling up, from a simple situation Danny gets to a vacation with his new girlfriend, his “wife”, “kids” and the German Sheppard! What a mess.

Yes?

I must say I didn’t plan on seeing this movie at first, unfortunately I found myself at the movies without tickets for the actual movie I wanted to see. So without a choice feeling bummed about not seeing what I originally wanted to see, I wander in the theater and sit down. To my big surprise I started smiling and laughing during this movie, and as much it continued I laughed more and more. You totally can see Adam Sandler’s humor here at work and honestly I’m not always a fan, but this time he cracked me up. He totally brought it, even Jennifer Anniston which makes movies like this like a factory, brought it. It wasn’t boring or heavy, and it wasn’t this romantic stupid cheesy movie that you go with your girlfriend cause she wanted. This was some good amusing stuff to see. I had some tears in my eyes from this and those don’t come easily. The story was quite refreshing, and the kids and the Sheppard are a great added value here.

No?

Like in all those movies you can predict the end already from the trailer but this isn’t some thriller where you need to be on guard and suspicion for the whole time. So that’s half so bad. I think the pretty hot young girl, was only there for some eye candy, she was only there for this reason and that’s quite it. I liked it so I won’t give anything else here.

Well?

This movie was funny, especially since I didn’t believe it was going to be. I really liked it and it made my soiree less miserable. If you want some good popcorn home movie watch it, you won’t regret it. It shows really some good chemistry between Sandler and Anniston. Because of alt the above I grade this…

Grade: 7.5 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment