Thursday, June 16, 2011

review: no strings attached


director: Todd Phillips

release date: 2 December 2010

genre: romantic comedy

casting: Ashton Kutcher and Natali Portman

memorable quote:

Eli: You know what the best part about my gay dads is?
Adam: What?
Eli: They're never gonna eat out my ex-girlfriends.
Wallace: You and your dad are tunnel buddies, huh?







What?

A guy and a Girl decided to get involved, but not in the regular way, they decide for some ground rules, all the physical and none of the emotional stuff. This special arrangement is better known as friends with benefits. The problem in this situation are the players, both like this arrangement till this unneeded phenomena comes to the surface, feeling is the beginning of the end is such situations.

No?

I start in this section since I have here more to say. I must be fair with this movie, I saw it after someone told me to watch it, and said its really fun and amazing. This is a bad starting point for a movie, high expectations, especially when the movie sucks, and then its way worse. Instead of giving the movie a possible 6 it gets a 4 because of high expectations. The story wasn’t special or interesting. The humor was cheap and predictable. If you see the joke coming up, it’s just not funny. I also believe that the acting of out two main characters lacked chemistry and harmony. Portman just got he Oscar for best actress, I’m sorry for this one she should get something else. Portman just didn’t fit the profile and the comedy, she wasn’t funny.

Yes?

I’m not sure what to write here, maybe the fact that Ashton Kutchers dad in the movie sleep with his ex, seriously that’s all.

Well?

I don’t want just to kill a movie, but I must say it felt like torture, I watched it, and it kept on going without the end in sight. I wouldn’t watch it, so don’t waste your time or money on this one. Because of all the above I grade this one…

Grade: 4 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment