Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: the green hornet

Director: Michel Gondry

Stars: Seth Rogen, Jay Chou and Christoph Waltz

Release Date: 13 January 2011

Genre: action comedy (if you can call this like this)

Memorable quote:

Britt Reid: Kato, I want you to take my hand, and I want you to come with me on this adventure.
Kato: I go with you, but I don't want to touch you.








What?

After the unexpected death of the head of the most powerful newspaper in the city, the unfortunate air of this huge empire is his super spoiled, super childish son. Instead of manning up and taking up his responsibilities, he decides that the best thing to do is to become a super hero with the help of the driver/butler/martial art expert boy. He will stop crime in the city!!

Yes?

I’m not sure what I expected of this movie and why I believed it’s going to be worth watching it, but maybe this is the only good thing at this movie, it made me curious. I wanted to watch this movie. Of course I was disappointed and bored once I did that. Another good thing in this movie where a couple of nice gadgets that I as a grown up child would love to play with, cars, guns and maybe some of the eye candy, but that’s quite it. Oh and Cameron Diaz, was ok, but that’s really it.

No?

Let’s go. The movie was predictable, very childish and not even funny. The story was boring the acting wasn’t good and well the side kick really sucked. Of course this is the first time I ever saw him on screen and his English was just “beautiful”. So I’m not sure what made me watch this disaster. The special effects where not impressive or even near it. No need to continue I guess.

Well…

This is one of those movies where I need to watch it so you wouldn’t. So don’t watch it. It’s not good as a comedy or an action or in any other category. Since I actually like Seth Rogen, I won’t hang him out to the dry for this. Because of all the above I grade this one…

Grade: 4.5 out of 10

Mammoth

1 comment:

  1. And I thought the German and French dialogues in X-Men were bad acting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete