Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: 30 minutes or less


Director: Ruben Fleischer

Stars: Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride and Nick Swardson

Genres: Action & Comedy

Release Date:12 August 2011

Memorable quote:
Chet: [gasp as Nick shows the bomb vest] What the fuck? Is that thing real?
Nick: Chet, if I don't get to the money in time. This thing gonna blow.
Chet: [angry] And your first though was to come to a school, filled with young children




What?
This weird and trailer trash spoiled kid Dwayne has a dream he wants to be rich! He comes up with a plan to kill his father and get his money he won in the lottery. To do this he needs to hire a assassin, who don’t come for free. So he comes up with this plan to kidnap a pizza boy, attach a bomb to his chest so he will rob a bank for them and give them the money etc.

Yes?
The trailer was good, which is maybe one of the big flaws of this movie. The story was interesting, and the idea was good. I would have done it differently but the basics work. This wasn’t some Oscar chasing movie, so I wasn’t that excited to watch it either, my expectations were low, so there was no disappointment.

I loved Eisenberg and his side kick, Aziz Ansari, they are funny together. For the rest you had some good laughs and acceptable entertainment.

No?
Choose better titles for a movie; don’t use some number if you are not likely to use it. 30 minutes or less, seems kind of a tell, and we just come up with like 10 hours which has nothing to do with 30 freaking minutes!

Dwayne or Danny McBride better said, I don’t like him as an actor and I doubt that I will like him as a person; he has just this face that makes me want to kick his ass.
The movie was in one word the trailer, we almost didn’t get any additional jokes in the movie that we didn’t saw in the trailer, please next time keep something for later!

In case of Eisenberg I feel a bit sorry for him, I think he is a good actor and this movie shouldn't be on his IMDB page, next time just pass!


Well…
The movie was good enough for a home movie popcorn night; I doubt it was even good enough for this. Cheap comedy, cursing and nudity are the means to bring people to the movies and keep them happy, for me it was just too cheap. Don’t waste your time on this. Because of all the above I grade this…

Grade: 5.5 Out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment