Tuesday, April 26, 2011

review: 127 hours


director: Danny Boyle

release date: 28 January 2011

genre: adventure, drama ,even thriller!!

casting: James Franco, there were others but he is the only one worth mentioning

memorable quote:

James Franco: Lesson: don’t buy the cheap, made-in-China multi-tool. I tried to find my Swiss Army knife, but…








What?

The true story of Aron Ralston, that got stuck in the middle of nowhere in the freaking grand canyon. You could compare him to a cockroach that turned over onto his back in the middle of a football field. ( I think you got the point). The movie brings you the willingness of one to survive and to do anything and to get home to his loved once. (Again true story)

Yes?

Actually I’m really struggling for this movie, I wasn’t sure what to say and how to grade it, so I’m going to break it up in smaller pieces so this will be easier. Story, quite amazing and unlucky to get in this situation, but since it really happened and was caught on tape it’s difficult to change anything here. The one really great thing of the movie were I would say the angles and positions that the camera took to film this. For example you see his water canteen from inside, the water, the pee everything, you go through the hose of his Camelbak all those were awesome, and of course needed to make this film not boring, you need to keep in mind that you have only one actor here for almost the entire movie so this was pretty important. The acting, I don’t have too much to say about that I guess he was ok. Those were the positive points. Almost forget the actual climax of the movie, the “arm scene” was f*cking disgusting, again needed to be to give the viewer the feeling or tried to bring over something.


No?

Look I'm sorry that I'm not that generous with this movie, but the problem is that you already know the ending. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone but I think you know it already (that isn’t considered a spoiler sorry but have some basic knowledge!!) and I think this fact is a major drawback of the movie, of course nothing to do about it. I didn’t like the scenes where he is remembering stuff, they were boring I think. Of course the flashbacks where he wants water and stuff really original. I like that you have more than one actor in the movie, this was a one man show, this ruins it sometimes for me, in this case didn’t like the loneliness. (again no choice I know)

Well...

This movie can be an inspiration for many. It shows willingness to do anything in order to survive and to get home. I didn’t watch it at the movies, you should either but watch it on a big TV, and so you’ll get all the effects and stuff. It wasn’t awesome or really bad, it was a bit better than medium,ok ok even a bit more, because of all the above I grade this…


Grade 7 out of 10

mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment