Sunday, May 29, 2011

Review: Battle of LA


Director: Jonathan Liebesman

Release date: 11 March 2011

Genre:
action and Science fiction

Casting:
Aaron Eckhart, Michelle Rodriguez and Bridget Moynahan

Memorable quote:
Sgt. Major: At fourteen forty six pacific standard time, twelve different locations across the globe were breached in what appears to have been a coordinated attack by an unknown enemy. This is a textbook military invasion. We are the last offensive force on the west coast. We cannot lose Los Angeles.






What?
It’s quite simple; we follow this staff sergeant on the edge of retirement when the world gets attacked by aliens. He and his team get a mission to evacuate a couple of civilians still trapped in "enemy territory".

Yes?
There was quite a lot of preparation and propaganda for this movie; this made me curious about the movie. The trailer looked good and packed with action. I liked in the movie the fact that the aliens where attacking not only by air but also land troops, I thought that this is something refreshing. Besides that we had some nice visual effects of the attack itself, the aliens looked a bit dull for my taste.

No?
The movie didn't stand up to my expectations, I wanted some good scary action packed alien movie, and we didn't get any of that. The story wasn't exciting as it should be. What I especially hate is when one small group saves the whole world; they kicked all aliens’ asses by themselves. For my taste this is a bit to easy. And of course we cannot forget the predictability, let the alien win for once, they have better weapons, better ideas and they are stronger, make it original for once!

Well...
This movie wasn't half as good of what I expected, so I didn't like it. Its a waste of time, I could do something more important, like clipping my toe nails. Because of all the above I grade this...

Grade: 5 out of 10

mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment