Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

Director: Bill Condon


Stars: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner

Genres: Adventure, Drama , Fantasy and Romance



Release Date: 17 November 2011



Memorable quote:
Edward Cullen: No measure of time with you will be long enough. But we'll start with forever.





What?
We start to story where we left off in the previous chapters; Bella and Edward are getting married. (Oh my god I’m so excited!!!) Of course the werewolves don’t like this idea and Jacob even less. Of course if you put the simple fact aside that she is human and he is a vampire, the idea of getting married and you know having little pale babies is fun, but the whole movie is about this so we can’t just ignore this fact. Of course this makes us ask Bella, did you never hear of protection! That’s some lesson we give children nowadays. So Bella gets pregnant and the small baby/flesh-eater in her belly becomes a time bomb, I think this sums it up.

Yes?
Honestly I don’t have a lot to write in this section, I suffered during this movie. Torture would probably be more pleasant. But I do need to say that as any movie of a franchise I have a soft spot for sequels, I need to see them. I’m like an addict; you tell me that a better coke is on the market I will probably try it out.

Then we had another good thing which were the special effects. I like how they make the men transform in to wolves, this is just exciting. How they changed Bella’s look to become anorexic was amazing, I actually felt disgusted, so in this part they did a good job.

No?
Unfortunately we will have more in this section, what do you want me to say it really was a bad movie. I have watched all the Twilight movies (I know I shouldn’t brag about this) but its true, and this last chapter wasn’t just the worst of all of them, it was simply not fun to watch it. You have movie where nothing happens, you are neutral, you there you not, no difference, but here I actually felt bad watching it. Too many things just didn’t work for me. Let’s start.

I talked to some Twilight book readers, who call themselves “twihard” fans (cheesy I know, but you
get the point) and they say that the considering they awaited this movie for such a long time, this was a scandal. It should have been amazing, wedding dress, babies, and romance; instead we got a pointless soap opera. The director didn’t bring any of the emotions felt in the books, nothing.

Another annoying part was the lack of things that happened and even if something happened how they were put on screen were just boring, not exciting. We had a couple of possibilities for a fight, the tension is there and just when you believe it’s going to become interesting, nothing happens, everything calms down and they walk away.

And what’s up with the lame music throughout the whole movie, seriously a disaster.

Finally the birth of the weird baby thingy, we get stupid close ups an attempt to build up some tension by moving the camera in first person, just ridiculous and beginner like.

Well…
This movie was bad, I didn’t like it, Twilight fans didn’t like it, of course we don’t take the 12-17 girls who are just pumped up by stupid hormones, but this was just a big waste of time. I watched it because it’s a franchise I needed to for your sakes. So here is it, they get married, she gets pregnant and that’s that, the whole movie in one line. If you want something more, watch the trailer her above and you have the whole thing, just jump to the last part of the story.

Before I forget it thanks for my Twilight correspondant for her side of the story (Alix)

Because of all the above I grade this…

Grade: 2 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment