Monday, March 28, 2011

Review: Tron: legacy


Director: Joseph Kosinski

Stars: Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde

Genres: Action ,Adventure and Sci-Fi

Release Date: 16 December 2010

Memorable quote:

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... 7 Year Old Sam Flynn: You got in! Kevin Flynn: Heh heh. That's right, man... I got in!


What?

I must say I didn't know that Tron 2010 was a sequel of Tron 1982. The first one was about, so in a nutshell, the father creates a virtual world where programs and humans live happily together, but he gets stuck in the virtual world he created. 20 years pass and the young boy who was left behind becomes a man and follows a Signal to the old gaming arcade his fathers old workplace where he finds himself transported to the grid, the virtual world. In which he meets his father, together they try to escape the virtual world before the passage closes. In the meantime the leader of the programs has repurposed all programs to create an army to overtake the real world, which he wants to cross threw the passage opened by the son. ( I know this sounds a bit creepy, but if you watch it , it’s quite simple)


Yes?

If the movie would be rated only on the effects it would get a 10 instantly, but it doesn’t. The special effects where amazing, beautifull to watch, especially after I watched the trailer of the 1982 movie, this only shows how far we come since then. This movie shows us some amazing stuff, the story was nice, there was a good flow, not to much off boring moments. Loved the entrance of Cliff in the bar (you’ll have to wait for it I guess) and the bike scene just eye candy. Jeff Bridges was perfect for this role, I like that they didn’t change the actor that they used in the first part. (I just hate it when they do change the actors in sequels, that’s just annoying) Olivia Wild didn’t really have any importance in this movie, she faded in the background if I may say.


No?

Maybe I’m an action freak I don’t know, we had action scenes, they looked great but they didn’t feel great. When you have an action scene I like it when not everything goes according to the plan, and what you believe will happen. The scenes, I could say were a bit vanilla, not strong enough. I hope they won’t make another sequel, I’m not sure how much they can stretch this one out.

Well?

Rated on looks, you have a ten, but that’s not all, you have the story which isn’t perfect, nice action scenes, maybe some boring moments, all in all watch it you wont regret it. Because of all the above I grade this one …


Grade: 7 out of 10


Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment