Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: unstoppable


Director: Tony Scott

Release date: 18 November 2010

Genre: action & Drama

Casting: Denzel Washington, Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson

Memorable quote:
Frank: This ain't training. In training they just give you an F. Out here you get killed.

What?

The movie brings a true story of a 47 car long train that transports toxic chemicals that got away from the conductors, and the 2 brave men who tried to stop it.

Yes?

I'm not a train guy, well I'm not sure that in our generation we have a lot of train guys, but considering all that I got a bit interested in what happened here. I can say that the trailer was good, but a good trailer isn't enough to make a good movie. Denzel showed that he can pull off everything, he was really good here, but the story just didn't back him up. Another positive word is the camera work. The capturing and shooting were really good, they definitely showed the power of trains and maybe even the treats, but only maybe.

No?

I must say I started this time to write the no section first. I just don't get it. How hard can it be? People jump from planes, dive into the deepest places on this planet, for gods sakes we put a man on the moon, but we cannot stop a train. I don't care if it's a real story or made up there is no excuse for this sort of stupidity. Then we get all those newsflashes, I know shooting a train for one and a half hour is tough, but I think Tony Scott didn’t bring it in this one. The action wasn't thrilling or got my heart beating, just nothing happened. We live in a real world where at the end, not everything works according to plan, well here it did, and almost everybody came out in one piece. This expected Hollywood ending is the big drawback of the movie. Yes we had here a biological missile on the train tracks that probably would make Saddam Hussein proud, but on the other hand we had freaking Superman in a hazmat suit here so he can dismantle it, so comparing the dangers vs. the cure, I wasn't stressed sorry.

Well?
I was deeply disappointed in this one, trailer pumped it up for me, I even believed we had some terrorist in place, and that we have a remake of a Steven Segal movie. All this didn't happen. Because of all the above I grade this one...

grade: 5.5 out of 10

mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment