Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review, the American


Director: Anton Corbijn


Release date: 23 September 2010

Cast: George Clooney, Paolo Bonacelli and Violante Placido

Genre: Crime ,Drama and no action!! Memorable quote: Father Benedetto: A man can be rich, if he has God in his heart. Jack: I don't think God is very interested in me, Father.

What? The movie brings us an assassin that finds his way to a small Italian town, situated nowhere, after an unexpected turns of events after the last mission. While ducking under he starts a relationship with a prostitute and a friendship with the local priest. A new mission gets Jack back to reality and back to work. When the path of romance and righteousness crosses his work he needs to decide which to take.

Yes? George Clooney is the main asset of the movie, actually all the actors where quite good. The smallness of the Italian town, the environment and the soundtrack, all together give the movie this special silence and slow flow that the director tries to achieve. the problem is that I'm not sure that they brought it. they took a big risk taking off all the action scenes for the nothingness that should fill the movie. I must say that I liked George putting his rifle together and playing this professional assassin.

No? I believe the director tried to achieve a certain level of non action but deep movie, which I'm not sure he succeeded in. We got no action; instead we needed to receive strong dialogues, which we didn't get either. We always get the same story, a mass murderer, a killer, a hit man, all these grow a conscious the moment they find love, I believe this is a bit to cheesy for my taste.

Well? Not enough is the word that I use here; I expected something different, not a fully loaded action movie but maybe an even deeper story or better script. Not a must to watch, nothing amazing. Because of all the above I grade this one...

Grade: 6 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment