Monday, November 14, 2011

Review: Friends with benefits


Director: Will Gluck

Stars: Mila Kunis, Justin Timberlake And Woody Harrelson

Release Date: 22 July 2011

Genres: Comedy and some Romance

Memorable quote:
Jamie: "You're emotionally unavailable?"
Dylan: "Oh, yeah."
Jamie: "I'm emotionally damaged!"




What?
Dylan is hired by Jamie to become the head of something at a certain paper. Those details aren’t important; the important part is the “benefit part”. Yeah I’m sure you have heard of this so called tem friends with benefits and this movie here refers to the exact thing you heard of. Let’s think of sex as tennis, and they want to play it between friends. The problem is that not like in the real life in a movie complications jealousy have their place and things start to get awkward and you get the whole thing.

Yes?
I really didn’t expect anything to good from this movie, but to my nice surprise this wasn’t the case. The movie has some good comedy, nice touches of drama and a really good flow. You don’t get bored and you stay interested the whole time.

A bigger surprise to me was Timberlake, he comes off to me as a sucky medium actor, but here he actually made me believe his part. Kunis was also quite good in the role, even though it doesn’t matter, she is smoking.

It is quite as expected the story finished but it doesn’t just comes off as a stupid Hollywood story, it gives the viewer something worth watching. And I don’t mean all the nudity all the time.

Another great personality in this movie is Woody Harrelson, I just a big fan of him, brings a nice touch and added comedy to this.

No?
Sorry, but I really didn’t like all the nudity, if you decide it’s a teen comedy make sure that’s that.
Another problem is the fact that until the middle of the movie you have a serious rise in the entertainment curve but when we get to the peak in the middle from there on you have a serious decrease in interest and fun. The beginning was good the ending was less.

Well…
All in all a mediocre good movie, it had some good and fun stuff but the great start made the ending look really bad. So you can watch it , you won’t regret it, but don’t get your expectations too high.

BTW I was invited to this movie on my birthday by Fam. King, so thanks for that, you made my day!

Grade: 6.5 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment