Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: Drive Angry

director: Patrick Lussier

release date: 25 February 2011

genre: action fantasy and taste of a thriller

casting: Nicolas Cage, Amber Heard and William Fichtner

memorable quote:

The Accountant: Wouldn't wanna be you when Satan finds out!
Milton: What's he gonna do, not let me back in?

&

The Accountant: I need you boys to stand down. Captain, you know what this badge means, right? Federal Bureau of get the FUCK out of my way!






What? A father which daughter got killed and his granddaughter kidnapped escapes hell, to save the only good thing that came of him and bring the man responsible to justice, in this life and in the next.

Yes?

The story was interesting, a bit too dark for my senses but it worked. I'm not sure about the title tough, a bit nothing to do I think. The only good thing were the effects, even without 3D they were nice. The other thing that caught my attention was the accountant, fichtner is always playing the same suit wearing special undercover weird agent, but this is who he is, I think those roles suit him in the best way. His cold personality is perfect for the accountant from hell, probably a Jew J.


No?

I didn't watch this movie in 3D, this is because I just can't stand those stupid heavy psyho looking glasses and frankly I'm not sure all this 3D crap is needed in a movie. Suddenly everything flies your way, axes cars even limbs. Nicolas and piper, she is in place for obvious reasons, eye candy! Throw in a muscle car and a big gun and you already have a specific range of viewers at the stands. She and Nicolas didn't deliver half of what they should, I'm just not seeing cage as a total action freak, and he is more the shy action hero type.


Well…
The movie wasn't good in my eyes, batta boom and eye candy are nice but the story needs to fit this combination. I wouldn't watch it again, so if you haven't just don't. Because of all the above I grade this one...


Grade 5 out of 10

mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment