Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review: the other guys


Director: Adam McKay

Release date: 6 August 2010

Genre:
Action, Comedy

Casting:
Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson, Dwayne Johnson and Eva Mendes

Memorable quote:
Terry Hoitz: The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren't in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you!

What?
In every police station you got them, the awesome-strong-macho-all knowing detectives, and then you have the other guys who represent the opposite! Well this story talks about the other guys, obviously! Following a stupid lead they stumble in one of the biggest cases of fraud in the history of men. Of course considering they are the other guys they don't get all the back up they would and should want, will they crack the case?

Yes?
Will Ferrell is the sort comedian that I like a lot. He fitted this character perfectly, the weak, feminine, paper – pushing-cop with a crazy pimp history. His outbursts of rage during the movie were hilarious, in short I love this guy, he made a lot of lazy comedies but at the end they always crack me up, even if the script sucked.

I think Wahlberg was the perfect opposite of Ferrell; his role was funny and refreshing. The script was quite good, couple of ups and downs but overall good.

No?
Not too much of negative stuff. I think the whole swindle was a bit far fetched, a business guy, who loses money that belongs to another guy who steals from another guy, bla bla bla. Make it short it’s a freaking comedy; bad guy who wants to become rich is enough most of the time.

Well
I liked the movie, fun and I even laughed a couple of times, not perfect but that’s enough for an action comedy. The comedy was good, the action not always, but good enough. I liked all the Prius action, cracked me up! Because of all the above I grade this one…

Grade: 7,5

mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment