Sunday, February 27, 2011

Review: Scott pilgrim vs. the world


Director: Edgar Wright

Release date: 30 September 2010

Genre: a bit of everything: Action Comedy Fantasy Music & Romance (difficult to decide actually)

Casting:
Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Kieran Culkin

Memorable quote:
Gideon Gordon Graves: You made me swallow my gum! That's going to be in my digestive tract for seven years!

What? This movie is really difficult to describe. It’s super weird. But I guess we could say, a guy meats a girl, she is so much out of his league that it’s ridiculous. Before he can continue to date her he need to have a death match with each one of the seven exes she dated before. Oh, he also plays in a band called Sex Bob-Omb!!!

Yes?
As I said before and I will repeat it again this movie is so weird I almost can’t find the words for it. It’s an old idea repacked in a super cool mega future package. Why? Think about it, boy meats a girl, ex is jealous they fight bla bla bla. So this is exactly what we have here but the difference is that the story has undergone a major surgery. We have 7 exes instead of one, and we have awesome death matches. Cera was again this geek and perfect for this role, Winstaed was beautiful and weird, so, also great. I loved the story and the comedy, the fantasy, the effects made by the music (I’m not on drugs you actually see the music) even the action scenes and battles were great. I love it when a movie is out of the box, not the usual crap, just great.

No?
This movie is not made for everyone. I’m not sure for which character this movie is made. As a romantic movie it definitely doesn’t fit. It’s not total action movie either. Maybe that’s a small drawback. Another thing that bothered me is that some of the fights were too easy, but again that’s my opinion. I think that’s enough for this section. It was a good movie.

Well…
This movie was so great to watch, so new and refreshing, it just shows you something that you didn’t see before. Watch it it wouldn’t be a waste of time. Because of all the above I grade this one…

Grade: 8 out of 10

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment