Sunday, October 10, 2010

Review : Going to Distance


Director: Nanette Burstein

Release Date: 3 September 2010

Genre : romantic comedy

Casting: Drew Barrymore, Justin Long, Christina Applegate

What it’s all about:

Sometimes life brings two people together that are so f*cked up that is just works for them. They are perfect for each other , the only problem is they live on different coasts and in different states, solution, long distance relationship?

Why yes?

The story was refreshing, ok still you have the fell- in- love- kinda -thingy but this time with some weird birds that give this one a funky fun feeling. I have to admit there are a couple of scenes where I literally couldn't breathe because they were so funny, which give a huge push for this medium movie. The actors are good especially long, Drew on the other hand I just don't like. The cast, which includes the weird friends, the sister ( Christina Applegate) and her husband add another level to the movie, they are funny as they are necessary to give this movie the important extra so this movie won’t suck too much.

Why not?

Personally I don't stand Drew Barrymore, a lot of people do like her but since I saw her years ago in Charlie’s angels, I just don't like to see her in movies.
So that's one reason, then ( and its important to say that I was tired during this movie, even so, I never fall asleep in the movies) you had a couple of moments where I felt my eyes closing, which means that there were some dry and boring moments in the movie. I think that a movie needs to hold you until the credits come on screen if it doesn't the movie has flaws, so this one had some serious ones.

Well...

Good for home, not good enough for the movies, guys you can watch this you’ll have a good enough time so you won’t need to kill yourself. Girls , this movie is made for you so you will probably enjoy it. Because of all the above I grade this one...

Grade: (6 out of 10)

Mammoth

No comments:

Post a Comment